• No fees are required for visiting the Refuge.
• The Public Use areas of the Refuge are open to visitors during daylight hours.
• General camping is permitted only at Camp Doris. A fee is required.
• Backcountry camping requires a permit and is allowed only in certain designated areas.
• Swimming is not allowed in any Refuge waters.
• Off-road bicycles are restricted to the Mt. Scott trail.
• Alcoholic beverages, including 3.2 beer, are prohibited on the Refuge.
• All pets must be kept on a leash at all times while on the Refuge
• Technical rock climbing is allowed throughout the Public Use portion of the Refuge during daylight hours, with the following exceptions:
• Sport rappelling is prohibited in the area popularly known as the "Narrows", which is defined as the area along West Cache Creek downstream of Boulder Cabin.
• Placement, removal, or replacement of fixed anchors, including bolts, pitons, rivets, coldshuts, and chains, is prohibited without prior approval of Refuge Management through the Advisory Bolting Committee (ABC) of the Wichita Mountains Climbers Coalition. Any climber desiring to add, remove, or replace any fixed anchor must submit a "Fixed Anchor Application" for review by Refuge Management and the ABC. Applications are reviewed quarterly, and the reviews are based on aesthetic and natural resource criteria. Applications are available at Refuge Headquarters.
• Commercial or instructional operators who charge for their services while on Refuge lands are required to obtain an annual Special Use Permit from the Refuge Manager. Fee required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SPECIFIC REFUGE REGULATIONS, OR TO OBTAIN REQUIRED PERMITS, PLEASE VISIT REFUGE HEADQUARTERS OR CALL 580-429-3222.